We believe that all individuals should have the opportunity to experience the thrill of karting for themselves.
Those with limited mobility, learning difficulties, and other special requirements can enjoy a superb and safe experience at Formula Fast, whether that is through driving themselves, or riding with an instructor in our state-of-the-art 390cc two-seater kart.
We also welcome guests to visit us for a guided tour of a live motorsport circuit, to experience the hugely sensory environment full of exciting noises, vibrations and colours.
To book a session under our Access Karting Scheme, please get in touch with Stan or Ollie on 01908 904111.
- AKS sessions are usually run at quieter times (usually weekday mornings) which allows flexibility for our instructors train at each person’s own pace, with no distractions
- Track use (and the rest of the venue where possible) is always exclusive to AKS groups, no matter what the size
- Where possible, we try to get each individual driving by themselves, with close supervision and after extensive training
- Driving time (inc. tuition) is usually recommended at 30 Minutes per driver
- Drivers who are not able or keen to drive themselves have the opportunity to experience ‘hot laps’ as a passenger in our instructor-driven two-seater kart
- Despite the best intentions, the noise and adrenaline of motorsport can sometimes be a little overwhelming. We have a policy of positive encouragement and ‘challenge by choice’ – driving on the day is not compulsory.
- Spectators are very welcome and a tour of the venue can be arranged for groups with special requirements or non-drivers.
- Drivers must be a minimum of 8 years old, minimum height 125cm.
- Maximum recommended weight: 18 stone. Maximum recommended height: 6’4″
- Participants who wish to drive ‘solo’ must be physically capable of firmly pushing their feet on the pedals and using their arms for steering, which can initially feel quite heavy. The instructor will demonstrate and give simple verbal instructions to teach kart control which will need to be understood by the drivers.
- Participants who wish to experience a ‘hot lap’ ride in our two seater kart as a passenger must be able to sit upright in the rear seat. The instructor will demonstrate and give simple instructions for the passenger to follow if they would like to go faster, slower, or stop. They must be able to use their hands to communicate with the instructor whilst on track (gripping the shoulder of the instructor to go slower/stop, tapping to go faster)
- Groups must arrive promptly. For the drivers own safety and enjoyment, we need all the time allocated to your group to carry out training and run the session in full.
- The more we know, the better the experience! Details of each individual’s capabilities, prior experience and any relevant information supplied in advance help our instructors provide fully tailored training.
- We will not let drivers out on circuit if we do not feel they are safe to participate. Where possible we will offer an alternative hot-lap passenger experience.
- There must be sufficient carers on hand to manage and supervise all participants (driving or not) for the duration of the event. They may be asked for assistance by our instructors if necessary.
- Carers/organisers assume all responsibility for the participants and spectators whilst at the venue, and will be required to sign our disclaimer on their behalf on arrival.
- There are disabled access, viewing and toilet facilities at the venue. Unfortunately there is no lift to the upstairs floor.
- In case of emergency evacuation, carers will be required to assist staff in evacuating any vulnerable persons from the building (plan available on request).
The Access Karting Scheme also aims to offer an educational stepping stone for young people interested in motorsport.
Formula Fast offer work experience placements covering all aspects of the business, from events management to trackside operations, vehicle mechanics, sales and administration. Many who have undertaken work experience have gone on to work within the business.
Career advice from our staff with personal experience in motorsport, events management, engineering and Formula 1 is also available. Apprenticeships have also been granted in the past to suitable candidates.
Interested persons should contact Develop EBP to arrange a placement.
Jo S via Tripadvisor
" We have never done karting before and my youngest son has a disability. Ollie was brilliant with Jack he loved every minute of the super fast two seater kart and at the end of the session he even let him have a little drive on his own. All the staff were very professional and Ollie couldn't do enough to give our son a fantastic 18th birthday treat thanks guys thoroughly recommend and everyone looking forward to our next visit."
"This place was excellent. Went for my brothers birthday. Can't express how helpful they were as my brother is disabled. I would recommend this track to anyone, especially those with special needs."
Jo F via Tripadvisor
"I took my son who has Downs Syndrome for his 17th birthday, my daughter, aged 15 and nephew 11. The staff were very helpful and all made me feel my son would be safe but have a great time!"
Adam C via Tripadvisor
Arranged a Junior Birthday party for my 9 year old son and his friends. My son has ASD and can have issues when waiting around but the staff were extremely patient and supportive him which helped to give all of the party goers a fantastic experience.