Formula Fast Go Outdoors!
Time to switch things up…
Following last week’s eleventh-hour bombshell announcement by the government, we are pleased to confirm that Formula Fast will be able to open – slightly later than planned – on the 17th April.
Whilst indoor karting was recategorised to a Stage 3 (17th May opening) activity late on Friday, we have been able to successfully move our operations outdoors to ensure that we can remain open.
Having taken advice from our local authority and the National Karting Association, by moving all customer areas and a section of our circuit outdoors, we will be able to operate safely in compliance with the rules for outdoor activities.
The team have put in a monumental effort over the last 48 hours to relocate our entire front of house to our mega new ‘Trackside Hospitality’ awning, as well as installing new barrier systems outside to link with the existing circuit.
This will ensure a COVID-secure environment with zero face-to-face interaction indoors.
How will my session run?
- When you arrive, you’ll be guided around the outside of our building straight to the outdoor Trackside Hospitality awning, where you’ll be met and given pre-entry instructions by a member of the team.
- Please don’t try to come in through the usual entrance as guests are currently not allowed inside the building.
- As before, guests will be allocated their very own sectioned-off area in our new awning, complete with timing screens, heaters and protection from the elements. Registration, changing and briefing all take place in your dedicated area before heading outside to your kart.
- To preserve grip levels we have installed open-sided cover to the new outdoor section. All training and pitlane activities will now take place solely outdoors, after which our team will then open up the barriers to link to the rest of the track.
- You’ll finish your session outdoors again, and our team will guide you back to the Trackside Hospitality to de-suit and de-brief – all laptimes will be sent electronically.
We hope you enjoy the new adapted experience – we’re very thankful we’re able to reopen our business (almost) as originally planned and look forward to seeing you here. Please remember to check out our COVID-safety page before visiting, and remember advance booking is essential (we are not able to take walk-in bookings).
We’d like to thank our amazing FF team for doing an incredible job to adapt the experience in such a short space of time, our landlords at Bond Estate for being so accommodating, Milton Keynes Council for taking a pragmatic approach to the unexpected change to COVID karting guidance, and the National Karting Association for advice and support.
Got questions about the new experience? Feel free to drop our friendly team a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01908 904111.
Book your slot now – and we’ll see you on the grid!
Team Formula Fast