TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 1.1. Motorsport can be dangerous. In respect of this you participate at your own risk or at your parent/guardian’s risk if you are under 15 years old.
- 1.2. Spectators watch at their own risk. Any person entering the ‘live’ area of the circuit, including the pitlane, must sign this waiver. Children spectating must be kept under close supervision of a responsible adult at all times.
- 1.3. Formula Fast will not be held liable for any accidents, or injuries sustained through involvement in this activity.
- 1.4. We reserve the right to refuse karting to anyone whom we consider a risk to the safety of themselves or anyone else on the premises.
2. Age Restrictions
- 2.1. The minimum age to participate in junior events and family Timed Practice is 8 yrs old, with a minimum height of 125cm.
- 2.2. The minimum age to participate in adult events is 15 yrs old, with a minimum height of 152cm.
- 2.3. If you are acting in loco parentis for children that are not your own, by signing the waiver you guarantee that the children’s’ parents are aware that they are participating in a motorsport and are aware of the risks involved.
- 2.4. Children under the age of 15, regardless of whether they are driving or spectating, must be accompanied by a responsible adult who must remain on the premises for the duration of the child’s stay.
- 2.5. If you are an adult driving with your children, you must respect the fact that the junior driver’s safety is our absolute priority. Adult karts may be speed limited for the safety of younger drivers. If you are deemed to be driving in a way that places the junior drivers at risk, then you will be removed from the track at our discretion.
- 2.6. Proof of age may be asked for to confirm adherence to the age restrictions above. Any driver who cannot provide suitable proof of age when requested will not be allowed to drive.
3. Clothing & Equipment
- 3.1. You are required to wear the approved safety equipment provided by the circuit which includes, but may not be limited to a race suit, balaclava, helmet and gloves.
- 3.2. Junior drivers are required to wear a neck brace in conjunction with all other safety equipment.
- 3.3. You may bring/wear your own equipment provided it meets our minimum standards and is approved by a senior member of staff. If we feel that your gear may not meet our standards you will be required to use our equipment.
- 3.4. If approved by us, your helmet must be full face and Moto X helmets must be used with goggles at all times.
- 3.5. Loose clothing, scarves, hoods, valuables, chewing gum and any sharp objects must be removed before changing into our safety equipment for your own safety.
- 3.6. Long hair must be securely tucked into your suit.
- 3.7. Where necessary for privacy or religious purposes, you may request a private area for changing.
- 3.8. Footwear must be trainers or similar. High heels, open toe, slip on, platform soles and shoes without adequate support are not permitted.
4. Alcohol and Drugs
- 4.1. You confirm that you are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- 4.2. Drivers who are suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol may be prevented from driving at the discretion of the circuit staff, for the safety of themselves and others. You will forfeit any fees paid.
- 4.3. Staff are only permitted to serve alcohol from our licenced bar to drivers once their event is over, and the driver has removed their race suit. Proof of age may be required.
- 4.4. Guests are requested to drink and behave responsibly in the bar area for the safety and comfort of other groups who may be enjoying the facilities.
5. Medical Restrictions
- 5.1. You confirm that you do not have a medical condition that would prevent you from driving on the road or taking part in any physical exercise.
- 5.2. You have told us of any other medical conditions that may be of concern so we can advise you whether it is appropriate for you or others in your group to kart. These include, but are not limited to: heart conditions, back injuries, epilepsy, amputations/artificial limbs, hearing or sight impairments, or any form of mental or physical impairment.
- 5.3. You understand that if you exceed of the height/weight limits that the karts are normally designed to cater for, you may not be able to participate. As a general guide drivers above 200cm (6’4″) or 114kg (18 stone) should request a private seat fitting prior to your event so that we can assess suitability.
- 5.4. You may not drive if you are pregnant.
6. Behaviour and Adherence to Rules
- 6.1. You will listen carefully to the safety briefing that you will be given and abide by the rules and guidelines laid out.
- 6.2. You understand that Formula Fast expects drivers to adhere to its rules to ensure the safety of all drivers, spectators and staff, and that failure to adhere to these rules will result in removal from the premises.
- 6.3. We reserve the right to end sessions or remove drivers from the circuit early if we consider the safety of themselves or others is compromised.
- 6.4. We reserve the right to split your group into smaller groups on arrival if we feel that there may be a mixture of abilities or experience that could compromise the safety of any driver.
- 6.5. You will look after all safety equipment that you use and understand that damages must be paid for.
- 6.6. Anti-social behaviour on or off the track will result in removal from the premises.
7. Data Collection & Privacy
VOUCHERS & SPECIAL OFFERS
- Vouchers valid until expiry date marked on the voucher
- Certain restrictions may apply when booking. Bookings in which you intend to redeem your voucher must be made with reasonable notice, and you understand that our time slots are reserved on a first come, first served basis
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash and may not be resold
- Vouchers are single use only and non-refundable
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer inc. Unlimited Karting events.
- Vouchers, and the full voucher number, must be quoted when booking
- Voucher must be presented on arrival and must match details provided when booking
- Promotional discount flyers, vouchers or coupons are not to be used with any other special offer, children’s party packages, or membership discount.
- Promotional discount flyers, vouchers or coupons that are available to the public at the circuit may only be used for bookings on subsequent days.
- Drivers are expected to conform to all other Formula Fast Ltd. Terms & Conditions
- Membership discounts can not be used with any other special offer.
- Email offers are only applicable to NEW bookings made after the time the email was sent.
- For all bookings a deposit of £10 per head will be taken at the time of booking. For larger groups (over 10 people) we may request a 50% deposit.
- For all Online Bookings full payment is taken at the time of booking and constitutes your deposit.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Once confirmed by us, your deposit payment secures your booking and constitutes a binding contract between yourself/your group and Formula Fast Ltd. You are responsible for verifying that the details of your booking are accurate at the time of deposit payment.
- A deposit payment also acts as confirmation that you have read, understood and will adhere to the Terms & Conditions and Organiser Information.
- If your driver number decreases from the amount stated when booking, you will forfeit any deposit paid for the expected number of drivers/teams. If the driver/team number falls below the minimum number for that format, the full race fee for each driver/team below the minimum is payable.
- If your driver number increases from the amount stated when booking, an additional deposit is due for each driver over the booked number. We will do our best to accommodate extra drivers on the day if possible but cannot guarantee additional spaces.
- Full balance payment is due prior to your event. This can be taken on arrival for most events if payment is made by Cash, Credit or Debit card. Cheques and BACS payments must have arrived and cleared our account at least 7 working days prior to your event, or an alternative method of payment will be requested.
- All prices inclusive of VAT. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- We run a very tight schedule due to popularity. You understand that you are booking a time slot and that failure to arrive at the specified arrival time may result in your event being cancelled and deposits forfeited.
- Standard arrival time is at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time unless otherwise stated. Larger groups (over 9 drivers) Junior and Family bookings are required to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the event start time.
- All Drivers must view and understand the Drivers Briefing which will take place before the event. Late arrivals may not omit this part of the process. If a driver is not fully paid and kitted up by the time the safety briefing begins, they will not be able to participate in the event.
Food & Drink
- You are not permitted to bring food and drink onto the premises without prior permission. A cover charge may apply if you wish to arrange your own catering for an event.
- We have a bar / cafe serving snacks, drinks and confectionary. Hot food may be served subject to availability on the day. Full catering can be provided as part of your event but this must be pre-booked.
- Some people find it difficult to coordinate the kart controls on their first few times in a kart. If the pre-session training takes excessively longer than expected, this may result in on-track time being cut short to ensure timings for subsequent bookings.
- Occasionally you may experience a delay due to essential track or kart maintenance necessary for your safety both during and in-between bookings. We will always endeavour to complete work as quickly as possible to minimise disruption.
- Should you cancel an event after a deposit has been paid, you will forfeit the deposit.
- Indoor kart circuits can sometimes be at risk of developing condensation on the circuit under certain weather & atmospheric conditions. This is extremely unlikely to occur during your event (1/1000 chance based on our historical data), however, condensation effectively ‘floods’ the track surface making it extremely hazardous to drive on. Whilst we have a number of prevention measures in place, it may sometimes be necessary to postpone an event whilst the track is cleared and dried.
- If an event has to be cancelled by us due to circumstances outside of our control, we will try to inform you at the earliest opportunity and will rebook you, if appropriate, on another day. However, your deposit cannot be refunded and no claims will be accepted relating to costs incurred as a result of a cancellation.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DETAILS
- Formula Fast Ltd is the data controller of the information collected on this site. Our nominated representative dealing with data protection issues is the Company Secretary, Formula Fast Ltd, Bond Estate, Bond Avenue, Milton Keynes, MK1 1JJ. We collect the data of all drivers to ensure that we have a definitive record of who has read and completed our ‘Terms & Conditions’ and ‘Release & Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity’ prior to their being allowed to drive on the circuit. We also collect personal data that you give us for sales and marketing purposes and we may use your personal data to send you details of activities we offer from time to time.
- We may also send you details of other motor and motorsport-related/endorsed products and services offered by us, members of our group and our sponsors/marketing partners. In the event that we do contact you in this way, we will always provide you with the option to opt out/unsubscribe from any such marketing communications. If you do not wish to receive any mailings, please indicate at the point of data collection. Personal data collected on you will be evaluated periodically (not less than yearly) to determine whether we should continue to hold it.
- You will be notified from time to time, through mailings, of the continued use(s) of your personal data and be given opportunities to notify us if you do not wish to continue to receive mailings. We may export your data outside the European Union, but only to ensure that we have a secure backup of said data. We will only export your data outside the European Union as long as we can be sure that your data is being held securely in a territory where there is mandatory protection of your data rights to a similar level that applies in the UK.
- We will be storing the information supplied, together with details of the activities you have undertaken with us and mailings we have sent you. Formula Fast Indoor Karting collects information from our users at several different points on our website and in our venue.
- We ask for contact details on our order form and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date) on the payment processing form. This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfill your order. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with you.
LOGGING ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to individuals.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. For further information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Our users are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. For example, our order form has an ‘opt-out’ mechanism so users who buy a product from us, but don’t want any marketing material, can keep their email address off of our lists.
- Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by using the form supplied with each mailing or by notifying the Company Secretary.